(via jeffibeatbox)Source: memebase.cheezburger.com
I. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Why don’t you source your art?
A: I do source my art.
Q: But I saw one of your pictures without a source! Why don’t you run your pictures through saucenao.com or Google’s picture finder?
A: I do. I run every single picture through Google’s picture finder/saucenao. Sometimes, though, I just can’t find the source. If SauceNao is not loading for me, I will specify this in the post. If the artist has shut down their Pixiv account, then I will add a comment that says so.
Q: Do you draw any of the pictures on here?
A: No, I don’t. This is a post of some of my art. Other than that, I do not/have not/will not post any of my own art on this blog.
Q: Can you tag your asks so they stop flooding my dashboard?
A: Yes. Yes, I can. Every single ask is now tagged with “ask”, “question”, and “banana rat” so that you can block my asks, for those of you who have Tumblr Savior.
Q: Can you post some Pokemon porn?
A: No, I can’t. This is a clean Tumblr. There will never be any pornographic or sexualized posts on here. This blog is for people who appreciate both art and Pokemon. There is no space for Pokevaginas up in here.
Q: I sent you a picture/comment/compliment! Why are you ignoring me?
A: If I don’t like the picture you sent to me, then I’m not going to post it. I also get upwards of a hundred comments, requests, and submissions per day; it has happened in the past that I’ve accidentally deleted some, and sometimes I just simply don’t have enough time to answer them all.
Q: If I send you some of my art, can you advertise it for me? I really need the money!
A: No, I can’t. I really, really don’t feel comfortable encouraging people to pay for somebody’s art. This is a casual blog for lovers of art and Pokemon. It’s not a store, and I’m not your agent. I am not going to advertise your art for you, especially if it’s sub-par. (No offense.)
Q: In your opinion, what are some of the best realistic Pokemon artists?
A: In no particular order:
Q: Where do you get your art from?
A: These are the main sources for my art (in order of usefulness):
II. RULES FOR MAKING REQUESTS
1. If you’re going to request a Pokemon picture, please only request one Pokemon at a time. As I said before, I get about 50-100 requests per day, so I really don’t have enough time to find and post the eleven Pokemon you just asked me to upload. Please only request one, unless you are asking for something specific (i.e. the Charmander family, or multiple Pokemon in one picture). I just simply don’t have enough time, and it’s not fair to other people to do your seven requests, and then take three days to get to their one request. I also have limited resources - there are only so many really good Pokemon artists out there, and I don’t want to run out of content. So don’t be offended if you request a picture of Ducklett, Absol, Trubbish, Dunsparce, Skarmony, Misdreavus, Metapod, Purugly, Kyurem-B, Exeggutor, Durant, Steelix, Kecleon, and a Shiftry eating a banana in the same request, and I only upload one of them. I’m most likely just going to choose the one that I think is the most interesting.
2. Please don’t be rude to me in PM for no reason. If you have a dissenting opinion, disagree with something I said, or want something taken down, that’s fine, and feel free to message me about it. But please don’t PM me anonymously to call me a piece of trash and tell me to shut my whore mouth and go kill myself for having the audacity to say/post something that you don’t like or find tasteless. If you’ve found a mistake that I’ve made, such as crediting the wrong artist on a picture, please PM me to point out my error in a way that is not abrasive and rude. I’m human, and I make mistakes.
3. This is kind of petty, but omg, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE LOOK UP THE NAME OF THE POKEMON YOU’RE ASKING ME FOR AND SPELL IT CORRECTLY. Not so much a rule as a pet peeve, really. I understand that not everybody speaks English as their first language, but omg. plz.
4. Please only request a Pokemon picture once. You do not need to submit your request three times in the same day because you see me posting other requests and I haven’t gotten to yours yet. I get a lot of requests and am often behind. I WILL get to yours eventually. Please be patient with me. (Also, if you’re posting anonymously or something and you don’t want to miss a post that you asked me for - maybe include a random word (i.e. banana rat or something, idk) for me to add as a tag so that you can find it in my archive more easily. Just an idea.)
5. Also, if you just saw me post a picture of a Pokemon, please don’t PM me to ask me for another picture of the exact same Pokemon I just posted. It gets really annoying to have ten requests for a Rayquaza immediately after posting one.
III. RULES FOR SUBMITTING IMAGES
IV. BEFORE YOU REQUEST
1. Think about what you’re requesting. If you’re asking me for a picture of Altaria, Garchomp, Illumise, Walrein, Unown, and Octillery, it’s great that you want a picture of it - but how likely do you think it is that somebody, somewhere has drawn a picture of it? Not very. So before you ask me for a picture, think about how likely it is that someone’s drawn it.
2. Check to make sure I haven’t just uploaded a picture of that Pokemon within the last 24 hours.
My favorite picture of a Psychic Pokemon by request.